CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Excuse Me Mr. President........It's Me...The United States of America...


"I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States." - Presidential Oath of Office


By now you've probably heard the news of President Obama's first interview. Maybe it's just me, (probably not) but I'm a bit put out. Obama chooses his first television interview to be to Al-Arabiya television? He'd rather speak to the Arab world than to his own people? Now pardon me if I'm wrong, (probably not) but isn't he supposed to be the President of the United States of America? (I know, I'd rather not admit it either)

I'm finding myself a bit confused. I thought that Obama promised to be the President of the United States in his oath of office, garbled though it was. So, why may I ask has he decided that he first and foremost needs to speak to his "family," the Muslim people in Arab countries? I guess all the people that elected him, and those with brains who didn't, don't matter much to Mr. Obama…at least that is how it would appear.

For the first television interview of a United States President, you would think that a President would come out to the people of his country. You'd think that he would call them his family, that he would reassure them during these tough times, that he would be convincing us of his stake in the well being of the United States.

Apparently this was the furthest thing from our President's mind. Instead he spoke to the Muslim world, communicating instead that "The United States has a stake in the well being of the Muslim world." Over and over again he brought out that he has Muslim members in his family, something that he tried to cover over and over again during this past election. Then he went on to state that his job as President is to "Communicate to the American people that the Muslim world is filled with extraordinary people who simply want to live their lives and see their children live better lives."

Since when was this the President's job? Not to mention, I feel highly insulted that Obama has such a bad view of Americans. It's like he felt he had to go apologize to the Arabs for the "bad behavior" of a naughty child. I can't speak for you, but I’m no naughty child!

Now after President Obama's speech was completed, which by the way took place so late at night in the U.S. that no one really knew about it until the next day, the Arabs got excited. In fact, Reza Aslan, who is an Islam apologist went on CNN to comment on how "giddy" he was about the interview and how Obama was putting himself in place to be a "Bridge between the Muslim world, between the United States and the Middle East."

I'm extremely disappointed that our President feels the need to go placate the Arab world, while leaving his own country in troublesome times. There were no words of comfort to Americans dealing with hard economic times. No assurances to Americans that their next paycheck was going to be there. It's like this man became the diplomat to the entire Arab world instead of President of the United States.

While I'm not opposed to reaching out to other's around the world, the last thing we need is a "back patting" session with the Arabs right now. Our president doesn't need to be spending his time reassuring them - he has a country to run.

So, excuse me Mr. President…it's me…the United States of America. If your family reunion is now over, can you please come back and run our country? (probably not)

1 comments:

simpleman said...

Excellent post Joy I agree that we do not need our President to serve as an apologist for our nations behavior. We need our President to stand strong, defend us, and tell our enemies around the world that they better look out because WE HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN!!!!!

 
ss_blog_claim=c1f15dfe927045e3fc4c63c122214db7